1. List any two social practices against which the reform movement began?
Sati, Caste System, Child Marriage, Plight of Widows.
2. Why the caste system was considered irrational and unscientific?
Because it was against the basic tenets of humanity.
3. What was the basis of the reformers’ criticism of rigidity in religion?
Courage, determination, motivation and a vision to achieve goals.
4. He did not represent the synthesis of the thought of East and West
(iii) Dayanand Saraswati
5. He did not emphasize the infallibility of the Vedas
(iv) Syed Ahmed Khan
6. The movement started to free the sacred places from the control and domination of corrupt Mahants
(i) Akali Movement
7. Write any two limitations of the reform movements?