Bhujangasana: Cobra Pose
In Sanskrit, "bhujanga" means serpent or snake and "asana" means pose. This is also known as cobra pose.
- Bend the arms at the elbows and place the palms beside the lower chest at the level of the last rib exerting least pressure on the palms.
- Keep the elbows close to the body and let them not spread out.
- Inhale and come up.
- Arch the dorsal spine and neck backwards as far as you can.
- Keep the body below the navel in touch with the ground.
- Maintain the final position with normal breathing for one minute with least pressure on the palms.
- While exhaling come back to sthiti position.
- Relax in makarásana.
- Improves digestion
- Strengthens the arms and shoulders