Nadi Shuddhi (Anuloma Viloma)
While practicing Nadi Shuddhi, one inhales through the left nostril and then exhales through the right nostril, then the order is reversed by inhaling through the right nostril, and exhaling through the left nostril. This pranayama is called Nadi Shuddhi Pranayama. It is also called Anuloma viloma.
- Sit in any meditative posture.
- Keep the body erect and place the hands on the respective knees.
- Raise the right hand and place the right thumb on the right nostril and close it.
- Inhale slowly through the left nostril.
- Close the left nostril by the ring finger and the little finger and exhale slowly through the right nostril.
- Again inhale through the right nostril.
- Close the right nostril with thumb and exhale through the left nostril.
- This is one round of Nadi Shuddhi. Repeat 10 rounds.
- It purifies the blood.
- It calms down the mind and improves concentration.
- It is helpful to children who are hyperactive.