Pada Hastasana: Gorilla Pose
This posture's name comes from the Sanskrit word Pada which means ‘foot’. Hasta meaning ‘hand’ and asana meaning a ‘seat’ or ‘posture’. This posture is also known as gorilla pose or hand under foot pose.
- Stand erect with legs together.
- Start bending forward going down.
- Allow head to slowly move down.
- Feel the changes in the head like increased pressure in the eyes.
- Maintain the posture with normal breathing.
- Slowly start rising up and feel all the changes.
- Feel the changes in the eye-decreased pressure in the eyes.
- Enjoy the deep relaxation in the eyes.
- Feel the relaxation throughout the body.
- Relax in Tadasana.
Note: Never bend the knees while doing this asana.
- Improves digestion.
- Enhances blood flow to the head region.