1. Names of two countries lying to the eastern side of India.
2. Names of two seas located on the eastern and western side of India.
Bay of Bengal and Arabian Sea.
3. Which country is connected to India by Palk Strait?
4. Names of two countries having a common border with India.
5. Names of two States of South India.
Kerala, Tamil Nadu.
6. Names of two states sharing international boundary.
Jammu and Kashmir,Arunachal Pradesh.
7. Names of two countries sharing their boundaries with Sikkim.
8. Names of two union territories along Arabian Sea.
Daman and Diu, Dadar Nagar Haveli.
9. Names of the three ranges of the Himalayas.
Himadari, Himachal and Siwalik.
10. In which state Nanga Parbat and Nanda Devi are located?
Jammu and Kashmir
11. Names of the countries in which the Greater Himalayas are situated.
India, Nepal, Bhutan.
12. Two purvanchal hills.
Patkoi, Mizo hills
13. How was Deccan Trap formed?
Due to volcanic eruption.
14. State economic activities of coastal plains.
(i) Agriculture (ii) fishing (iii) trade and commerce
15. Why does Andman and Nicobar Islands attract more tourists?
Because Islands have developed attractive tourist activities of under water and water sports.
16. Names of the rivers which help to form the western plain.
Satluj, Beas, Ravi
17. Name of two tributaries joining Ganga from the north.
18. Which lake is located near Mahanadi?
19. Names of the states drained by river Godavari.
Maharashtra,Andhra Pradesh and Chattisgarh.
20. Which river is tributary of Tunghabhadra?