All the coordinating activities are done by our brain and nerves which is called nervous system.
Parts of Nervous System
Various organs of our body form nervous system. Following are the parts of nervous system:
- Spinal cord
- Sensory organs
Human brain is a soft and delicate part. It is around 3 to 5 kg kilograms in an adult. This part is safe in skull.
Human brain is the biggest size in all living organisms. It has the only secret of how humans can do all other works that other organisms cannot do.
Parts of Brain
1. Fore Brain: This is the biggest part of brain. Its main function is to think and remember. This part is related to will power, intelligence and consciousness. It also gives us other areas related to knowledge centre like speaking, seeing, taste and smell.
2. Mid Brain: This s a small part found below fore brain and back side of skull. Its function is to control muscles.
3. Medulla Oblongata: This is also known as pillar of brain. Its function is to control involuntary activities like heart rate and exhale breathing.
2. Spinal Cord
This is a pipe like structure starting from brain and going to backbone internally in body. All message sent from brain to body reach by this pipe. This also helps in giving fast reaction like if a thorn pricks than we take our hand back internally.
Nerves are small and slippery white structures which make messages form brain clear like electric current. All the nerves coming out of brain, skull and spinal cord are called spinal nerves.
Types of Nerves
1. Sensory Nerves - These nerves take messages from sensory organs like eyes, nose, ears and sent them to brain.
2. Central Nerves - These nerves come out from dynamic or moving organs like muscles relating to eyes and around eyes with brain.
3. Mixed Nerves - These nerves are for both sending and receiving messages. There are 31 pairs of nerves coming out of spinal cord.
Functions of Nervous System
- These nerves control our reaction coming out of external nervous system world.
- It also controls other system of the body.
- It helps in the moving movements as we want like walking, doing movements, etc.
- This helps in proper functioning of all organs of the body.